2017 China Southern Airlines
Creative Marketing Plan Competition
Passionate about creating innovative marketing strategies and eager to pitch your ideas? The CSA (China Southern Airlines) Creative Marketing Plan Competition is the perfect place for you to transform your creative thoughts into reality!
This competition is to develop a unique and comprehensive annual marketing plan within a budget of $AUD 2 million, with the aim of expand the market share of CSA, in a team of 2-4. If you want to immerse yourself into the real life marketing world, register NOW!
Participants need to form a team of 2-4 people. At least one participant in the team needs to be currently studying in Australia.
Theme of the competition
Under the condition of a given budget (AUD 2 million), for a period of one year, with passengers on flight routes departing from Melbourne as target markets, develop a marketing plan.
The judging criteria will focus on creativity and this competition encourages participants to integrate an innovative and comprehensive plan based on emerging media channels and sales channels.
Schedule of the competition
Registration closes: 03 December 2017
Preliminary round team list released: 05 December 2017
Preliminary round: 06 December 2017
Announcement of Finalists: Evening of 06 December 2017
Final presentation: Afternoon of 15 December 2017
How to register
To register, please follow these steps:
- Prepare all the documents needed and compress them into a .zip/.rar/.7z file with a password;
- Rename the file as “Name – University – Number of team members”;
- Upload the zip file to the Dropbox File Request link (copy and paste to your browser, click “Choose File”): https://www.dropbox.com/request/n6YnOudjdfuA2lbQOT4e;
- Send the password to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the name of the email being as “Name – University – Number of team members”.
- Applicants will receive a confirmation from GBCA once their documents and passwords are both successfully submitted.”
Please prepare the following documents：
- A marketing plan proposal* (maximum 2000 words) or a recorded video** introducing the marketing plan (within 5 minutes)
- A PowerPoint presentation(PPT)
- Resumes of all team members
- Screenshot showing participants have followed the CSA WeChat official account
- A copy of a valid student ID
*For the video option, please upload it onto YouTube and set as private. When submitting the application, please provide the YouTube link.
**An executive summary must be included in the proposal. Reference list must be included if any market research data is cited.
- The competition will be held in English.
- Participants need to form a team of 2-4 people. Individuals can not join more than 1 team.
Preliminary Round: 20 teams will be selected for the preliminary round. Each team will have 3 minutes to present and 2 minutes Q&A and comments from the judges. 8 teams will be selected for the final round. The results will be released via e-mail by midnight of the same day.
Final Preparation: The eight finalists, will attend a series of workshops presented by CSA and marketing experts. Each team will have the opportunity to modify and improve its marketing plan after the sessions. Themes include history and development of CSA, sales channels and functions, how to pitch your idea etc.
Final Presentation: Each team will have 7 minutes to present their plan to the judges and 3 minutes to answer the questions from the judges. The winning teams will be announced and awarded at the end of the event.
Team awards :
Organisational awards：1 person for each award. An economy class return flight ticket per prize winner*
- Excellent Organiser: the student association which has the most teams registered for the competition
- Best Organiser: the student association which has the most teams entering the in Final Presentation
Individual awards ：1 person for each award. An economy class return flight ticket per prize winner*
- Best Popularity Award ：Voted by audience who attend the final presentation
- Excellent Presenter Award ：Awarded to a participant that shows excellent presentation skills
- Excellent Potential Award ：Awarded to a participant that shows remarkable potential. The recipient must be current bachelor and master student
- Excellent Contribution Award (Tasmania) ：The recipient must be currently enrolled in the University of Tasmania
- Excellent Contribution Award (Regional Victoria) ：The recipient must be currently enrolled in the in the Federation University of Australia
Audience awards: All audience who has followed the CSA Wechat official account and attends the Final Presentation can participate in our lucky draw. Prizes include:
- One economy class return flight ticket departing from Melbourne*
- Large China Southern Airlines aircraft models
- Opportunities to enter the CSA talent pool
- Internship opportunities and course vouchers offered by the Global Business College of Australia
*Melbourne to any city in China sponsored by CSA. Conditions apply to the flight tickets.