Certificate III in Accounts Administration
Program code FNS30315
CRICOS Course Code 088907G
Course duration 22 weeks
Delivery mode Face to face training
Campus location and delivery site 337-339 La Trobe Street / 338 Queen Street, Melbourne 3000 VIC
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills required to successfully support financial operations in a range of roles in classifying, recording and reporting of accounting information and other business statements.
This course is part of the Financial Services Training Package and satisfies the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) guidelines. This qualification reflects the job roles of employees with functions that could include:
- Filing, checking and processing financial data entry and processing accounts payable/receivable
- Providing customer service in financial transactions
- Assisting in processing payroll
- Front line cashiering and bank account maintenance
- Assisting with entering transaction data to ledgers and maintaining a general ledger
- Producing GST reports
- Over 18 years of age OR
- International students under the age of 18 is required to have guardianship and accommodation arrangements in place and provide all supporting evidence to GBCA for approval. Upon approving the arrangements, GBCA will issue a CoE and the Confirmation of Approved Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) Letter to the student. The letter is to be presented to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) when the student applies for a student visa.
- All students are required to meet the requirements of previous accounting qualification (Cert I or II in Financial Services or equivalent); or
- Minimum of Year 12 or equivalent Academic Statement (certified) with a pass grade in accounting unit; or
- Completion of one accounting subject in a Bachelor or higher level; or
- Minimum of 6 months industry working experience with accounting duties in a registered company.
- Minimum of IELTS 5.5 (no band less than 5) or equivalent, or
- Achieved a Satisfactorily Pass in the Australian Year 12 English subject, or
- Have been successfully completing at least 1 semester of a Bachelor course (or above) at an Australian University or Higher Education provider, or
- Satisfactory outcome for Internal English placement, or
- Successfully complete the GBCA English course/s to meet the English requirements of the intended course.
Students are required to bring their own laptop with Microsoft Office 2007 or a later version installed for face to face classes.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|FNSACC301||Process financial transactions and extract interim reports|
|FNSACC302||Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers|
|FNSACC303||Perform financial calculations|
|FNSINC301||Work effectively in the financial services industry|
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
|FNSBKG402||Establish and maintain a cash accounting system|
|FNSBKG403||Establish and maintain an accrual accounting system|
|FNSBKG405||Establish and maintain a payroll system|
|BSBFIA401||Prepare financial reports|
A variety of assessment methods will be used throughout the course, including: Written Questions, Practical Activities, Role Plays, Case Studies, Project, Assignment, Integrated Practical Activities or Verbal Questioning.
Please refer to the Fee Schedule.