Certificate IV in Bookkeeping
Program code FNS40215
CRICOS Course Code 088906G
Course duration 30 weeks
Delivery mode Face to face training
Campus location and delivery site 337-339 La Trobe Street / 338 Queen Street, Melbourne 3000 VIC
This course is part of the Financial Services Training Package and satisfies the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) guidelines. This qualification reflects the job roles of contract bookkeepers and employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range of industries.
This may include:
- Establishing and maintaining manual and computerised accounting systems
- Completing Business Activity Statements (BAS) and other office financial statements
- Developing bookkeeping management systems for organisations
- General administration.
Under certain conditions, successful students may meet requirements for registration with the Tax Practitioners Board.
This qualification is suitable for candidates currently working in bookkeeping roles who are seeking a formal qualification to enhance and confirm their existing knowledge and skills.
- Over 18 years of age OR
- International students under the age of 18 is required to have guardianship and accommodation arrangements in place and provide all supporting evidence to GBCA for approval. Upon approving the arrangements, GBCA will issue a CoE and the Confirmation of Approved Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) Letter to the student. The letter is to be presented to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) when the student applies for a student visa.
- Completion of Australian year 11 or equivalent
- Minimum of IELTS 5.5 (no band less than 5) or equivalent, or
- Achieved a Satisfactorily Pass in the Australian Year 12 English subject, or
- Have been successfully completing at least 1 semester of a Bachelor course (or above) at an Australian University or Higher Education provider, or
- Satisfactory outcome for Internal English placement, or
- Successfully complete the GBCA English course/s to meet the English requirements of the intended course
Students are required to bring their own laptop with Microsoft Office 2007 or a later version installed for face to face classes.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|FNSBKG401||Develop and implement policies and procedures relevant to bookkeeping activities|
|FNSBKG402||Establish and maintain a cash accounting system|
|FNSBKG403||Establish and maintain an accrual accounting system|
|FNSBKG404||Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks|
|FNSBKG405||Establish and maintain a payroll system|
|FNSINC401||Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry|
|BSBFIA401||Prepare financial reports|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|FNSACC406||Set up and operate a computerised accounting system|
|BSBSMB405||Monitor and manage small business operations|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
A variety of assessment methods will be used throughout the course, including: Written Questions, Practical Activities, Role Plays, Case Studies, Project, Assignment, Integrated Practical Activities or Verbal Questioning.
Please refer to the Fee Schedule.