Diploma of Business
This course is designed for domestic and overseas students who are planning to work within business settings as executive officers, product/service consultants and project coordinators. Individuals in these roles may possess substantial experience in a range of settings, but seek to further develop their skills across a wide range of business functions.
- Over 18 years of age OR
- International students under the age of 18 is required to have guardianship and accommodation arrangements in place and provide all supporting evidence to GBCA for approval. Upon approving the arrangements, GBCA will issue a CoE and the Confirmation of Approved Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) Letter to the student. The letter is to be presented to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) when the student applies for a student visa.
- Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 11 or equivalent or higher OR
- Completion of an Australian training program (Certificate IV or above)
- Minimum of IELTS 5.5 (no band less than 5) or equivalent, or
- Achieved a Satisfactorily Pass in the Australian Year 12 English subject, or
- Have been successfully completing at least 1 semester of a Bachelor course (or above) at an Australian University or Higher Education provider, or
- Satisfactory outcome for Internal English placement, or
- Successfully complete the GBCA English course/s to meet the English requirements of the intended course.
Students are required to bring their own laptop with Microsoft Office 2007 or a later version installed for face to face classes.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBHRM513||Manage workforce planning|
|BSBLED502||Manage programs that promote personal effectiveness|
|BSBMKG507||Interpret market trends and developments|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|BSBHRM405||Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff|
A variety of assessment methods will be used throughout the course, including: Observation of students performing role playing, Portfolio of Work, Written report, Observation of Presentation, Analysis of case study/Response to simulated work scenario or Written questioning