Certificate II in Spoken and Written English
The Certificate II in Spoken and Written English provides a general framework for learners to develop English language and literacy skills to undertake further education and training, seek and maintain employment and participate in the general community.
Graduates of CSWE II will be able to apply the knowledge gained from this qualification for simple everyday transactional and limited social needs, but provides the necessary foundation upon which graduates can continue their language, literacy and numeracy development.
The courses contained within the CSWE framework may be aligned to Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF), International Second Language Proficiency Rating (ISLPR) and International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
The levels which equate to CSWE II are:
- ACSF 2
- ISLPR 1
- IELTS 4
- TOEFL internet based score 30 or TOEFL 397 paper based
- GBCA has a requirement that students who enrol in this course must be at least 18 years of age or
- International students under the age of 18 is required to have guardianship and accommodation arrangements in place and provide all supporting evidence to GBCA for approval. Upon approving the arrangements, GBCA will issue a CoE and the Confirmation of Approved Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) Letter to the student. The letter is to be presented to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) when the student applies for a student visa.
English requirement: To participate in CSWE II, the student must have completed either
- 10362NAT – Certificate I in Spoken and Written English or
- IELTS general 3 or
- TOEFL internet based score 25 or TOEFL 377 paper based or
- GBCA’s internal placement test
|Module Code||Module Name|
|SWELRN201A||Intermediate learning strategies|
|SWEINF204A||Comprehending and giving spoken information|
|SWETEL205A||Comprehending and participating in telephone exchanges|
|SWEINT207A||Comprehending and participating in simple interviews|
|SWEFOR208A||Comprehending written instructions and completing formatted texts|
|SWENEW211A||Comprehending news and information texts|
|SWEOPI213A||Comprehending and composing opinion texts|
A variety of assessment methods will be used throughout the course, including: Homework, Portfolio of Work, Activity, Observation, Oral questions, Written questions
Please refer to the Fee Schedule.