Certificate III in Spoken and Written English
The Certificate III in Spoken and Written English provides a general framework for learners to develop English language and literacy skills to undertake further education and training, seek and maintain employment and participate in the general community.
The program focuses on language skills to enable learners to satisfy basic social needs in routine situations for everyday commerce, recreation and linguistically undemanding vocational fields.
Graduates of CSWE III will be able to apply the knowledge gained from this qualification for basic social needs and routine situations for everyday commerce, recreation and linguistically undemanding vocational fields. It also provides the necessary foundation upon which graduates can continue their language, literacy and numeracy development.
The courses contained within the CSWE framework may be aligned to Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF), International Second Language Proficiency Rating (ISLPR) and International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
The levels which equate to CSWE III are:
- ACSF 3
- ISLPR 2
- IELTS 5
- TOEFL internet based score 44 or TOEFL 457 paper based
- GBCA has a requirement that students who enrol in this course must be at least 18 years of age or
- International students under the age of 18 is required to have guardianship and accommodation arrangements in place and provide all supporting evidence to GBCA for approval. Upon approving the arrangements, GBCA will issue a CoE and the Confirmation of Approved Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) Letter to the student. The letter is to be presented to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) when the student applies for a student visa.
English requirement: To participate in CSWE III, the student must have completed either
- 10363NAT – “Certificate II in Spoken and Written English” or
- IELTS general 4 or
- TOEFL internet based score 30 or TOEFL 397 paper based OR
- GBCA’s internal placement test
|Module Code||Module Name|
|SWELRN301A||Advanced learning strategies|
|SWECON302A||Comprehending and participating in casual conversations|
|SWEINT304A||Comprehending and participating in interviews|
|SWEPRE305A||Comprehending and conducting presentations|
|SWEDIS306A||Comprehending and participating in discussions|
|SWECOR307A||Composing formal correspondence and completing formatted texts|
|SWEINF308A||Comprehending and composing complex information texts|
|SWEADS313A||Comprehending news stories and advertisements|
|SWEINS314A||Comprehending and giving complex instructions|
A variety of assessment methods will be used throughout the course, including: Homework, Portfolio of Work, Activity, Observation, Oral questions, Written questions
Please refer to the Fee Schedule.