Diploma of Information Technology
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to administer and manage information and communications technology (ICT) support in small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) using a wide range of general ICT technologies.
Graduates from this program will be able to provide a broader rather than specialised ICT support function, applying a wide range of higher level technical skills in ICT areas such as:
- IT support,
- Database development,
- Web development.
GBCA is a Huawei Authorized Information and Network Academy (HAINA). Students will have opportunity to set up, configurated and troubleshoot the Huawei switches, routers using the vendor focused training resources. This will be an advantage for students who want to sit the Huawei Certified Network Associate Certificate – Huawei Network and Technology Device (HCNA – HNTD).
- Over 18 years of age OR
- International students under the age of 18 is required to have guardianship and accommodation arrangements in place and provide all supporting evidence to GBCA for approval. Upon approving the arrangements, GBCA will issue a CoE and the Confirmation of Approved Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) Letter to the student. The letter is to be presented to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) when the student applies for a student visa.
- Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 11 or equivalent or higher OR
- Completion of an Australian training program (Certificate IV or above)
- Minimum of IELTS 5.5 (no band less than 5) or equivalent, or
- Achieved a Satisfactorily Pass in the Australian Year 12 English subject, or
- Have been successfully completing at least 1 semester of a Bachelor course (or above) at an Australian University or Higher Education provider, or
- Satisfactory outcome for Internal English placement, or
- Successfully complete the GBCA English course/s to meet the English requirements of the intended course.
|BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace|
|BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|ICTICT509 Gather data to identify business requirements|
|ICTICT511 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise|
|ICTNWK505 Design, build and test a network server|
|ICTNWK507 Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers|
|ICTNWK508 Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches|
|ICTICT501 Research and review hardware technology options for organisations|
|ICTICT507 Select new technology models for business|
|ICTSAD506 Produce a feasibility report|
|ICTSAS505 Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans|
|ICTSAS506 Update ICT system operational procedures|
|ICTWEB411 Produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages|
|ICTWEB429 Create a mark-up language document to specification|
|ICTWEB502 Create dynamic web pages|
|ICTWEB508 Develop website information architecture|
|ICTWEB510 Analyse information and assign meta tags|
|ICTDBS502 Design a database|
|ICTDBS504 Integrate database with a website|
|ICTICT508 Evaluate vendor products and equipment|
A variety of assessment methods will be used throughout the course, including: Project, Observation of students performing practical tasks, Portfolio of Work, Written report, Analysis of case study/Response to simulated work scenario or Written questioning.