Master of Professional Accounting
Program code 297JA
UAC code 880161
CRICOS Course Code 083324D
Course duration 2 years
Delivery mode Face to face training
Campus location and delivery site 338 Queen Street, Melbourne 3000 VIC
Study a Master of Professional Accounting at UC and you will:
- develop an advanced and integrated understanding of accounting and the related disciplines required to practice as an accountant
- be able to perform high-level accounting and financial transactions and navigate in an increasingly complex legal, economic and global business environment
- be able to analyse, synthesise and interpret complex financial information, problems, concepts and theories
- be able to make ethical, socially responsible and sustainable business decisions whilst demonstrating a high level of personal autonomy and accountability.
The course presents students with a range of Work Integrated Learning (WIL) opportunities, including real-world research projects, case studies, actual industry briefs and more. You’ll develop work-ready technical accountancy skills and will be confident using a range of industry-standard accounting packages.
With a strong focus on enhancing student satisfaction and graduate outcomes, courses are led by proficient and qualified academics and professionals with relevant industry experience. Our partnership offers programs that seamlessly integrate academic knowledge with practical application, embedding industry-based projects within a learning environment that encourages independent thinking and exchange of ideas. This valuable learning experience will equip graduates with disciplinary knowledge coupled with employability skills, an innovative mindset and the ability for lifelong learning.
- Tax accountant
- Financial accountant
- Management accountant
- Chief financial officer
- Financial analyst
- Financial controller
- Applicants must have a bachelor degree or equivalent as approved by the University. There are no work experience requirements. Students who have undertaken an undergraduate degree with a major in accounting with an Australian institution are ineligible for entry to the degree.
- English Language Requirements for International Students: Academic IELTS of 6.0 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0. (Application after 5th August 2018, Academic IELTS of 6.5 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0)
*English Program (minimum IELTS 4.5) could be offered to students who have not met the English Language Requirements.
The Degree is awarded by the University of Canberra.
The Qualifications are awarded by the University of Canberra.
The qualification in Melbourne is currently in the process of being accredited by the relevant peak industry bodies.
|Year||Year 1||Year 2|
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Unit||Accounting for Managers (6221) – 3 cp||Accounting Systems & Practices (6222) – 3 cp||Company Accounting (6227) – 3 cp||Auditing (6223) – 3 cp|
|Unit||Business Law (6225) – 3 cp||Business Finance (6224) – 3 cp||Research Methods (9505) – 3 cp||BGL Research Project (9504) – 3 cp|
|Unit||Economics for Managers (6234) – 3 cp||Corporate Law & Practice (6231) – 3 cp||Taxation Law & Practice (6279) – 3 cp||Contemporary Issues in Accounting (6228) – 3 cp|
|Unit||Statistical Analysis & Decision Making (6275) – 3 cp||Management Accounting (6253) – 3 cp||Open Elective Unit – 3 cp||Open Elective Unit – 3 cp|
International Students (2018): $33,100
- Scholarships may be available for eligible applicants.
Domestic students (2018): $20,300
- The fees detailed above are the annual fee rates for the course. The annual rate is the fee that applies to standard full-time enrolment, which is 24 credit points. The final fee charged is based on the proportion of 24 credit points in which a student enrols.
- No Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) available for this program. Information on HECS-HELP and how fees are calculated can be found in this link. http://www.canberra.edu.au/future-students/courses/glossary/fees-and-contributions
$5,000 per year
Scholarship available to eligible international students applying for the UC Master of Professional Accounting in Melbourne.
For more information for scholarship, check here.
|On Campus:||The unit is delivered on-campus and face to face, supplemented with online content. Most classes are run on weekdays and during business hours.|
|Research Project:||The unit is focused on the delivery of a research project. Attendance at regular classes is not required, however some on-campus, face to face activity may be necessary.|