Career tip: Resume Mistakes To Avoid 4
It’s common to apply for a number of different positions at the same time. Many people doing so will likely resolve to make a one-size-fits-all resume. While a generalised resume isn’t necessarily a bad thing and can often be quite useful, it might not be as highly regarded as applications that are customised specifically for the advertised position.
If you’ve already made a general resume, try comparing it with the selection criteria listed on a job advertisement. Remove any points that may be irrelevant and try rephrasing existing points that best demonstrate your skills that are relevant to the criteria listed. It may take an additional thirty minutes, but it’ll help you stand out amongst the crowd of applicants.
Remember, even if the position titles of two job vacancies are the same, the relevant selection criteria on each advertisement could be completely different, so your applications should not be identical if you intend to apply for both positions.
This article was written and edited by Arthur Chan and Matthew Leach
中文版,由Arthur,Cissy和Nebula编写和编辑 (WeChat or browser compatible, coming soon)
- What is disability support and how can you become a disability support worker?
- Why Study Child Care in Australia? Four Good Reasons
- Victoria’s Government-Funded Courses Your Gateway to Success
- How will the federal budget help Australians upskill in 2022
- All you need to know to become a Childcare worker