Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
Program Code FNS40217
CRICOS Course Code 098488E
Course Duration 33 weeks
Delivery Mode Face to face training
Campus Location and Delivery Site 337-339 La Trobe Street Melbourne 3000 VIC
This course is part of the Financial Services Training Package and satisfies the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) guidelines. This qualification reflects the job roles of contract bookkeepers and employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range of industries.
This may include:
- Establishing and maintaining manual and computerised accounting systems
- Completing Business Activity Statements (BAS) and other office financial statements
- Developing bookkeeping management systems for organisations
- General administration.
Under certain conditions, successful students may meet requirements for registration with the Tax Practitioners Board.
This qualification is suitable for candidates currently working in bookkeeping roles who are seeking a formal qualification to enhance and confirm their existing knowledge and skills.
- Over 18 years of age OR
- International students under the age of 18 is required to have guardianship and accommodation arrangements in place and provide all supporting evidence to GBCA for approval. Upon approving the arrangements, GBCA will issue a CoE and the Confirmation of Approved Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) Letter to the student. The letter is to be presented to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) when the student applies for a student visa.
- Completion of Australian year 11 or equivalent
- Minimum of IELTS 5.5 (no band less than 5) or equivalent, or
- Achieved a Satisfactorily Pass in the Australian Year 12 English subject, or
- Have been successfully completing at least 1 semester of a Bachelor course (or above) at an Australian University or Higher Education provider, or
- Satisfactory outcome for Internal English placement, or
- Successfully complete the GBCA English course/s to meet the English requirements of the intended course
Students are required to bring their own laptop with Microsoft Office 2007 or a later version installed for face to face classes.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBFIA401||Prepare financial reports|
|BSBSMB412||Introduce cloud computing into business operations|
|FNSACC311||Process financial transactions and extract interim reports|
|FNSACC312||Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers|
|FNSACC408||Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry|
|FNSACC416||Set up and operate a computerised accounting system|
|FNSTPB401||Complete business activity and instalment activity statements|
|FNSTPB402||Establish and maintain payroll systems1|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
|FNSACC313||Perform financial calculations|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
A variety of assessment methods will be used throughout the course, including: Written Questions, Practical Activities, Role Plays, Case Studies, Project, Assignment, Integrated Practical Activities or Verbal Questioning.