GBCA Career Centre
Welcome GBCA students and graduates! If you are looking for some work experience or for a job, but not sure where to start, please feel free to check out the free resources on this page.
Our team can assist you in your job search efforts and preparing your application documents.
Plus, to help you discover your career goals, develop a career plan, and provide more specific support, you can book a confidential (1:1) consultation.
Please feel free to visit our Career Centre team or send us an email.
Location: Level 2, 337 La Trobe Street
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Use these quick guides to help with all stages of your career development and job applications.
Writing Job Applications
- Employability Skills
- What are employability skills?
- Cover Letter Tips
- Good and Bad Cover Letters
- How to write a cover letter (1)
- How to write a cover letter (2)
- Cover Letter Templates
- Resume Tips
- Good and bad resumes
- Australian style resume (1)
- Australian style resume (2)
- How to write a winning resume
Addressing Selection Criteria
- How to respond to key selection criteria (1)
- How to respond to key selection criteria (2)
- Selection criteria examples and templates
- Interview Tips
- Job interview tips (1)
- Job interview tips (2)
- Job interview tips (3)
- Job interview tips (4)
- Job Interview Preparation Worksheet
Preparing for Industry Events
Creating an online Professional Profile (Linkedin)
- Video guide to creating a Linkedin account
- How to register with Linkedin
- How to create a good profile
- Top tips for your Linkedin profile
Job Seeking Resources
Job Search Links
Job Search Engines
Job for Students
Job for Graduates
- seek.com.au entry-level graduate jobs
- Linkedin entry level graduate jobs
- au.indeed.com graduate jobs
- careerone.com.au graduate jobs
- careers.vic.gov.au graduate jobs
- u.jora.com graduate jobs
- glassdoor.com.au graduate jobs
- Victorian government graduate jobs
Guides & Resources
Skill Up Workshops
GBCA provides monthly workshops to help students develop essential skills in writing job-specific applications, preparing for interviews and learning effective intercultural communication skills for the Australian workplace.
Click here to check out the next workshop.
Study Melbourne provides students with a wide range of career support events and guidance relating to living, working, and studying in Melbourne. Click here to view their list of events and free services.
Events and Fairs
- GBCA Internships
GBCA has a wide range of employer partnerships that provide students with internships in the following industries:
- Information Technology
- Airline and aerospace services
- Architectural design
- Media & Communication
- Real Estate & Property Development
- Corporate Travel
Contact us to find out more about our internship opportunities.
- Industry Placements Australia (IPA)
IPA is a professional internship placement service that provides industry-specific internships that are matched to your studies.
Click here to find out more or contact us to register your interest in an IPA internship.
LIVE Projects is a Study Melbourne program as part of the LIVE (Lead, Intern, Volunteer, Experience) initiative.
LIVE Projects provide students with a unique three-week collaborative learning experience to solve real business problems for the Victorian government, businesses, or community organizations.
Participation in LIVE Projects is open to all international students in Victoria.
Click here to learn more or contact us to register your interest in the next LIVE project.
Volunteering provides an opportunity to gain valuable work experience and develop a good network of friends, mentors, and future referrals while adding value to your local community.
Guides & Resources
Work in Australia
Fair Work Australia
Work Safe Victoria
Other Guides & Resources