Certificate III in Accounts Administration
Program code FNS30315
Course duration 33 weeks
Delivery mode Blended delivery
Campus location and delivery site 337-339 La Trobe Street & 338 Queens street, Melbourne 3000
This course provides students with the knowledge and skills required to successfully support financial operations in a range of roles in classifying, recording and reporting of accounting information and other business statements.
This course is part of the Financial Services Training Package and satisfies the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) guidelines. This qualification reflects the job roles of employees with functions that could include:
- Filing, checking and processing financial data entry and processing accounts payable/receivable
- Providing customer service in financial transactions
- Assisting in processing payroll
- Front line cashiering and bank account maintenance
- Assisting with entering transaction data to ledgers and maintaining a general ledger
- Producing GST reports
There are no set requirements for this course. It is recommended that domestic students would meet one of below requirements:
- Satisfactory numeracy and literacy skills to undertake this course, or
- Mature age and have sufficient work experience to successfully undertake this course, or
- Satisfactory complete year 11.
Domestic applicants will undertake a language, literacy and numeracy test as part of the Pre-Training Review.
Students are required to bring their own laptop with Microsoft Office 2007 or a later version installed for face to face classes.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|FNSACC301||Process financial transactions and extract interim reports|
|FNSACC302||Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers|
|FNSACC303||Perform financial calculations|
|FNSINC301||Work effectively in the financial services industry|
|BSBWHS201||Contribute to health and safety of self and others|
|BSBITU306||Design and produce business documents|
|BSBWRT301||Write simple documents|
|FNSBKG402||Establish and maintain a cash accounting system|
|FNSBKG403||Establish and maintain an accrual accounting system|
|FNSBKG405||Establish and maintain a payroll system|
|BSBFIA401||Prepare financial reports|
A variety of assessment methods will be used throughout the course, including: Written Questions, Practical Activities, Role Plays, Case Studies, Project, Assignment, Integrated Practical Activities or Verbal Questioning.