ELICOS ENGLISH COURSES
Chongqing Vocational Institute of Engineering
Australian Study Tour
(I) Program Objectives
In order to create opportunities for youth to experience international education and to understand western culture and the political systems, GBCA has designed an innovative study tour to Melbourne, voted 5 consecutive year as the world’s most liveable city. In this 10-day of international experience, students have the opportunity to enhance their English language skills while experiencing the beauty and culture of Melbourne. The study tour program provides students with a unique opportunity to enrich their mindset in a globalised context and provides a foundation to become successful global citizens.
(II) Program Features
• Wide array of specialised lessons
• Tours to reputable school and student exchange
• Immerse in Australia’s culture and learn about arts, history and sports
• Experience local culture, local delicacies and indigenous culture
(III) The GBCA Study Tour Advantage
• Diversified program conducted by experienced lecturers
• New state-of-art learning centre situated in Melbourne Central
• Excursion to reputable universities and immerse in cultural and language exchange with international students
• Explore Melbourne’s local attractions and discover the true charm of the world’s most liveable city
• Dedicated support services – our designated professional staff will accompany and provide support to the students throughout their stay
RMB 30,000 yuan. Fees inclusive of program fee and materials, accommodation, return ticket, local transportation and insurance. The fees do not include visa fee, dining and personal expenses. Accommodation: modern apartments located in the heart of Melbourne.
(V) Registration Period
This program is open to all students of Chongqing Vocational Institute of Engineering. Registration period begins on September 7 2015 and will close on 30 November 2015.
(VI) Study Tour Program
Note: the above schedule is for reference only. Actual schedule may be slightly adjusted accordingly to the arrangements with the university and schools.
(VII) University Tour
The University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne, established in 1853, is Australia’s second oldest university and is a member of the Group of Eight and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities. It is one of the Asia-Pacific International Trade Education and Research Alliance member universities.
Being an academic hub in the Southern Hemisphere, the University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world. It is ranked 1st in Australia in Academic Ranking of World Universities (2015) and 33rd in Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2014-2015). Since its establishment, it has nurtured six Nobel Laureates which has well proven its academic performance.
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) is one of Australia’s oldest university which is renowned for its graduate employability. RMIT is ranked 32nd worldwide in QS World University Rankings (2014) among universities less than 50 years old. It is among top 15 universities in Australia and is ranked as a 5-Star University in QS Stars international evaluation system.
RMIT provides innovative and industry-relevant curriculum to its students and its qualifications are internationally recognized. It constantly redesigns its curriculum in accordance to the industry needs to prepare the students with up-to-date skills and knowledge. Its practical in application learning model has attracted many students who can apply their knowledge into practice and quickly adapt to different work environments.
(VIII) Registration and General Enquiries
• Office Phone：023-62846426
• Contact person：Teacher Lu/ Teacher Peng
• Office: Chongqing Vocational Institute of Engineering’s International Affairs, Admin Building 410
• Contact person：Leslie
• Phone: (+61) 0466 268 122 or (+613) 9041 3050