Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
(IT Strategy and Organisation Development)
Course outline (Domestic)
Course Code: ICT60220
What can I do with an Advanced Diploma of Information Technology?
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in business analysis in an information and communications technology (ICT) environment, either as an independent ICT specialist or as a leader of a team. The ICT Business analyst identifies and communicates with users to formulate product requirements and specifications, to create system or software solutions. This includes:
- work with users to formulate and document business requirements.
- identify, investigate, and analyse business processes, procedures, and work practices.
- identify and evaluate inefficiencies and recommending optimal business practices, and system functionality and behaviour.
- use project management methodologies, principles, and techniques to develop project plans and to cost, resource and manage projects.
- take responsibility for deploying functional solutions, such as creating, adopting, and implementing system test plans, which ensure acceptable quality and integrity of the system.
- develop functional specifications for use by system developers.
- use data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of system software.
- act as a central reference and information source, providing guidance and assistance in the system project decision-making process.
Potential job opportunities for graduates from this course include:
- ICT Project manager
- ICT Business Analyst
- Project team leader
- Successful completion of Year 12
- Demonstrated basic level understanding of IT knowledge, or some level of vocational experience in a range of work environment in information technology industry would be highly recommended.
- Matured aged learners who can demonstrate basic level understanding of IT knowledge, or some level of vocational experience in a range of work environment in information technology industry would be accepted into this course.
- Students may be interviewed or asked to undertake the language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills to ascertain their existing skills.
How long does it take to do an Advanced Diploma of Information Technology?
This course is delivered during a maximum duration of 52 weeks, including term breaks and public holidays
Two (2) sessions per week
A variety of assessment methods will be used throughout the course, including: Project (typical project will require students to prepare project documentation and make presentation etc.) and Written questioning.
Can I Study Advanced Diploma of Information Technology Online?
Yes You Can!
GBCA is currently offering students the option to study Diploma of Information Technology Online or on-campus during the pandemic.
Is This Course Government Funded?
This course is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding under the Skills First Program. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply for training subsidised through the Skills First Program.
For more information about our government-funded courses, please visit The Skills Funding Page
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBCRT611||Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving|
|BSBXCS402||Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|ICTICT608||Interact with clients on a business level|
|ICTSAD609||Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment|
|ICTICT618||Manage IP, ethics and privacy in ICT environments|
|ICTICT611||Develop ICT strategic business plans|
|ICTSAD604||Manage and communicate ICT solutions|
|ICTSAD608||Perform ICT-focused enterprise analysis|
|ICTSAD610||Analyse stakeholder requirements|
|ICTPMG612||Manage ICT project initiation|
|ICTPMG613||Manage ICT project planning|
|ICTPMG615||Manage ICT project closure|
|ICTPMG614||Manage ICT project delivery|
|ICTSAD611||Manage assessment and validation of ICT solutions|
|BSBLDR601||Lead and manage organizational change|