Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
This qualification reflects the role of early childhood educators who are responsible for designing and implementing curriculum in early childhood education and care services. In doing so they work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers or other staff.
Advanced standing in the Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education:
Graduates from GBCA Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care will be granted advanced standing for up to 24 credit points (1 year) of the:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood and Primary Education at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary) at Swinburne University of Technology
There are no set requirements for this course. It is recommended that domestic students would meet one of below requirements:
- Satisfactory numeracy and literacy skills to undertake this course, or
- Mature age and have sufficient work experience to successfully undertake this course, or
- Satisfactory complete year 12.
Domestic applicants will undertake the language, literacy and numeracy test and the digital skill test as part of the Pre-Training Review.