ELICOS ENGLISH COURSES
This course is part of the Financial Services Training Package and satisfies the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) guidelines. This qualification reflects the job roles of employees with functions that could include:
• Filing, checking and processing financial data entry and processing accounts payable/receivable
• Providing customer service in financial transactions
• Assisting in processing payroll
• Front line cashiering and bank account maintenance
• Assisting with entering transaction data to ledgers and maintaining a general ledger
• Processing purchases and sales including EFT/e-business
This qualification provides the entry level skills and knowledge of:
• Accrual accounting in both manual and computerised systems
• Preparing basic financial reports
• Customer service skills
Course duration: Delivery will occur over a 20 week period with 20 hours scheduled classes per week. To allow for school holidays and breaks this will occur over a period of 22 weeks.
• Student contact hours = 20 hrs per week x 20 weeks = 400 hours
• Self-study average of 20 hours per weeks by 20 weeks = 400 hours
• Study break = 2 weeks
Schedule: This will be achieved by scheduling classes for 3 days per week over 20 weeks, (2 days for 8 hours each, 1 day for 4 hours). Time outside the scheduled classroom delivery time may be used for self-study and extra tuition, if required.
The other days of the week may be used for private study time and extra tuition, if required.
Examples are indicated below:
• Term 1 : 10 Weeks
Study Break: 2 Weeks
• Term 2 : 10 Weeks
Total of 22 weeks
This course may be delivered in a different schedule but will always maintain 400 hours of student contact and 400 hours of self-study.
If students enrol in one course, it will be 22 weeks and if students enrol for two course, it will be 44 weeks.
• All students must be 18 years of age or older
• Minimum of IELTS 5.5 (for International students only)
• All students are required to complete Pre-training review at the application stage
• All students are required to meet the requirements of previous accounting qualification (Cert I or II or III in Financial Services or equivalent); or minimum of Year 12 or equivalent Academic Statement (certified) with a pass grade in accounting unit; or minimum of 6 months industry working experience with accounting duties in a registered company
• All students are required to complete the LLN Test prior to course commencement (on the orientation day)
• Students will need to be able to attend classes at the campus and for home study and assignments should have access to a computer and the internet. Students will be made aware of the specific skills that underpin the outcomes and performance requirements of the course units to ensure students are capable of demonstrating ability prior to entering the course.
• This course has been designed to be delivered through classroom based delivery and students must have the ability to attend the scheduled sessions as per the timetable. Students are to be informed of the timetable on enrolment and must maintain the required student contact hours.
Qualifications and Recognition:
On successful completion of this course, you will be awarded by GBCA with the nationally recognised FNS30315 Certificate III in Accounts Administration.
Potential career opportunities
• Accounts Clerk
• Accounts Receivable Clerk
• Accounts Payable Clerk
• Payroll Clerk
• Customer Service in the financial services industry
Upon completion of this course, students will have a comprehensive understanding in areas of theory, practical expertise and be sufficiently prepare for the workforce. This qualification provides students with the necessary knowledge and skills to complete a range of tasks including, complex spreadsheets, payroll work, BAS (Business Activity Statement) services and more. In addition, students will be acquainted with the operation of business technologies, the MYOB computerised accounting system, as well as fundamental office procedures and customer service skills.
• Course fee: $3,500
• An initial payment of $1,000.00 is required at the enrolment and further payments over 5 months is $500.00 per month. A specific schedule of payments will be arranged at enrolment.
• Material fee: $200
• Enrolment fee: $250 (non-refundable)
GBCA will not collect more than $1500 before the commencement of the course.
There will be a cooling period of 5 working days.