Global Youth Business Talent Program Huashang
Global Youth Business Talent Program
（Special Offer Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Huashang College of Guangdong University of Finance and Economics）
(I) Program Objectives
To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Huashang College of Guangdong University of Finance and Economics our College has designed a holistic ‘Global Youth Business Talent Program” to reward our talented undergraduates. This program provides undergraduates with an opportunity to attend a program exchange in Australia and seeks to cultivate their globalisation mindset and instill a sense of entrepreneurship. The participants will learn skills to develop and present business plans and to recognize the challenges and opportunities globally. Through sharing by business experts, they will gain a valuable insight into developing strategic plans and how to build collaborative relationships.
(II) Program Training
During this Business training program, participants will develop skills in identifying business opportunities, drafting and presenting business plans, developing creativity and building leadership skills. It seeks to equip them with skills to build a strong foundation in international business.
(III) Expert Profile
Jon Burgess, the Founder and Director of Kwan Management Consultancy, is an international business leader in business strategy and management. He founded Kwan Management Consultancy (http://www.kwan.com.au) in 2002 which has provided valuable guidance for international corporations. His development of The Three Minds™ philosophy has helped many to connect and collaborate with their people.
(IV) Program Highlights
• Students who successfully complete this program will receive 1 credit for General Education elective subject
• Practical application of global business investment model
• Guidance and coaching by experienced business experts
• Create feasible business plans
• Business plan presentation, expert feedback and prizes
• Reputable University tours and immerse in international student exchange
• Visit local attractions, taste local delicacies and immerse in Australian culture and way of life
• Accommodation – apartments situated in Melbourne Central, within the free tram zone and shopping district
• Dedicated care and guidance by our experienced staff throughout the program
Program cost: RMB 30,000 yuan per person
Free entitlement: Students who pass the final selection will receive full subsidy of RMB 30,000 yuan from the College (12 places available)
Participate at your own cost: The College will grant subsidy for half of the fee RMB 15,000 yuan per person. Students will only need to pay the rest RMB 15,000 yuan per person (30 places available).
We welcome students to participate at their own cost as the College will provide RMB 15,000 yuan subsidy.
Fees include: Course fee and materials, accommodation, return ticket, visa fees, local transportation and insurance.
Fees exclude: Personal expenses.
Registration Method: Register via “Huashang e family”
Registration period: Registration begins from 10th September 2015 and will close on 25th September 2015. (Click here for registration)
Students can apply to participate at their own expenses should meet the following requirements:
1. Obey college rules and conduct. No misbehavior or violation of the rules during the time at the College
2. In good health and no major medical conditions.
Students can apply for free entitlement should meet the following requirements:
1. Have received any one of the following rewards: National Scholarship, National Encouragement Scholarship, first award of College Outstanding Student
2. Achieved 425 or more in CET-4 at College
3. In good health and no major medical conditions.
(VII) For enquiries contact:
020-82665836 Teacher Xiong
020-82666108 Teacher Li
International Exchange and Cooperation Department,
Administrative Building 504
Alternatively contact the Student Advisor in your own campus/department
(VIII) Program Schedule
- Day 1 Departure – Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou. Arrival at Melbourne International Airport and check into Melbourne apartments
- Day 2 Opening ceremony and Program briefing, Malaysian cuisine, School and city tour, State library, Federation square, Flinders Street Train Station, Royal Botanic Gardens
- Day 3 Business Lesson 1 – Market analysis, Thai cuisine, Small group local market research, exploration of product or market potential
- Day 4 Business Lesson 2 – Feasibility study, Japanese cuisine, Guidance and instruction on business plan and group discussion
- Day 5 Business Lesson 3 – Assessment of team capabilities, Korean cuisine, Guidance and instruction on business plan and group discussion
- Day 6 Business Lesson 4 – Development plan, Australian burger, Exchange with University of Melbourne and RMIT lecturers and students. Explore Australian coffee culture
- Day 7 Business Lesson 5 – Financial budget and timeline, Italian pasta or pizza, Mock business plan presentation
- Day 8 Expert Lecture and evaluation Australian BBQ along Yarra River, local international student exchange
- Day 9 Melbourne Day trip (Tour to Sovereign Hill or the Twelve Apostles)
- Day 10 Home Sweet Home
Remark: Speaker award winners will receive certificates and prizes from GBCA
Note：Actual schedule may be slightly adjusted accordingly
(IX) University Tours
• The University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne, established in 1853, is Australia’s second oldest university and is a member of the Group of Eight and the Association of Pacific Rim Universities. It is one of the Asia-Pacific International Trade Education and Research Alliance member universities.
Being an academic hub in the Southern Hemisphere, the University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world. It is ranked 1st in Australia in Academic Ranking of World Universities (2015) and 33rd in Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2014-2015). Since its establishment, it has nurtured six Nobel Laureates which has well proven its academic performance.
• RMIT University
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) is one of Australia’s oldest university which is renowned for its graduate employability. It is among top 15 universities in Australia and is ranked as a 5-Star University in QS Stars international evaluation system.
RMIT provides innovative and industry-relevant curriculum to its students and its qualifications are internationally recognized. It constantly redesigns its curriculum in accordance to the industry needs to prepare the students with up-to-date skills and knowledge. Its practical in application learning model has attracted many students who can apply their knowledge into practice and quickly adapt to different work environments.
(X) Registration and General Enquiries
Students who are interested please submit the application form via “Huashang e family” before 25th September.
For inquiry contact:
• International Exchange and Cooperation Department, Administrative Building 504
• 020-82665836 Teacher Xiong / 020-82666108 Teacher Li
• Office in each department (for details contact the Student Advisor in your own department)
• Follow: Huashang e family, Huashang Youth League Weibo, Huashang exchange and cooperation center wechat.
• Contact person：Leslie Gao
• Phone: (+61) 0466 268 122 or (+613) 9041 3050