Diploma of Interpreting (LOTE – English)
NAATI Approved Course
This course is designed for students who are planning to work as a paraprofessional interpreter (LOTE – English) typically in the community and business domains.
During the program, our experienced and NAATI qualified trainers will step by step guide you through various interpreting exercises and help you to develop:
- Notes taking skills for interpreting purposes
- Short term memory retention skills
- Make sense of the briefing and quickly set up your mindset in the dialogue context
- Pick up idioms/collocations and relay in the other language correctly in a blink of eye
- Build a comprehensive knowledge of Australian community services, and collocations/glossary
- And many more skills…
This program is endorsed by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). Students who successfully graduate from this qualification will be eligible to sit the certification test for the: NAATI Certified Provisional Interpreter.