Bachelor of Commerce
Want a career in commerce but still undecided on your field of interest? Our Bachelor of Commerce gives you the flexibility to choose a major from anywhere in the University while acquiring professional skills in your chosen business area.
The aim of the degree is to develop business professionals who are equipped to solve problems within a multi-disciplinary business environment. Graduates will appreciate their chosen discipline in the context of the wider social, legal, economic and political environment and will have a high level of generic attributes and skills, consistent with the expectations of the professional community
- evaluate and synthesise the concepts and theories acquired in accounting
- exercise critical thinking skills when dealing with ambiguous and incomplete information
- identify and obtain relevant information for decision making and providing advice to stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds
- utilise discipline-specific technologies to analyse complex problems in a variety of contexts
- communicate clear, coherent and independent knowledge and ideas to a variety of stakeholders, addressing a diverse range of business/commerce problems
- develop the capacity to exercise initiative and professional judgement in an ethically and socially responsible manner
- engage in a range of authentic, Work Integrated Learning (WIL) opportunities to reflect on and improve professional practice in areas of communication, judgement and cross-cultural teamwork.
The Degree is awarded by the University of Canberra. The Qualifications are awarded by the University of Canberra.