Advanced Diploma of Information Technology Business Analysis
Course outline (International)
Course Code: ICT60315 | CRICOS Code: 097759F
What can I do with an Advanced Diploma of Information Technology?
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in business analysis in an information and communications technology (ICT) environment, either as an independent ICT specialist or as leader of a team. The ICT Business analyst identifies and communicates with users to formulate and product a requirements specification to create system or software solutions. This include:
- work with users to formulate and document business requirements
- identify, investigate, and analyse business processes, procedures and work practices
- identify and evaluate inefficiencies and recommending optimal business practices, and system functionality and behaviour
- use project management methodologies, principles and techniques to develop project plans and to cost, resource and manage projects
- take responsibility for deploying functional solutions, such as creating, adopting and implementing system test plans, which ensure acceptable quality and integrity of the system
- create user and training documentation, and conducting formal training classes
- develop functional specifications for use by system developers
- use data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of system software
- act as a central reference and information source, providing guidance and assistance in the system project decision making process
Applicants must satisfy all requirements as below:
Students must complete at least year 12 or equivalent.
Demonstrated basic level understanding of IT knowledge, or some level of vocational experience in a range of work environments in information technology industry would be highly recommended.
– Minimum of IELTS 5.5 (no band less than 5) or equivalent, or
– Successfully complete the GBCA English course/s to meet the English requirements of the intended course.
-GBCA also accepts completion of a recognised equivalent English preparation course from an accredited ELICOS provider.
-Overseas students who do not provide satisfactory evidence for their English proficiency will be interviewed/ asked to undertake language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills to ascertain their skills.
Students are required to bring their own laptop with Microsoft Office 2007 or a later version installed for face to face classes.
How long does it take to do an Advanced Diploma of Information Technology?
52 weeks (including catch up class, reassessment and holidays)
20 contact hours per week
A variety of assessment methods will be used throughout the course, including Project and written questioning. A typical project will require students to prepare project documentation and make presentations etc…
Can I Study Advanced Diploma of Information Technology Online?
Yes You Can!
GBCA is currently offering students the option to study Diploma of Information Technology Online or on-campus during the pandemic.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|ICTICT608||Interact with clients on a business level|
|ICTICT610||Manage copyright, ethics and privacy in an IT environment|
|ICTPMG609||Plan and direct complex IT projects|
|ICTSAD601||Perform IT-focused enterprise analysis|
|ICTSAD603||Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an IT environment|
|ICTSAD604||Manage and communicate IT solutions|
|ICTSAD605||Elicit IT requirements|
|ICTSAD606||Analyse stakeholder requirements|
|ICTSAD607||Manage assessment and validation of IT solutions|
|ICTPMG602||Manage ICT project initiation|
|ICTPMG603||Manage ICT project planning|
|ICTPMG601||Establish ICT project governance|
|ICTPMG604||Manage ICT project delivery|
|ICTPMG606||Manage ICT project quality|
|ICTPMG605||Manage ICT project closure|