Diploma of Information Technology
Program Code ICT50115
CRICOS Course Code 093799G
Course Duration 58 weeks
Delivery Mode Face to face training
Campus Location and Delivery Site 337-339 La Trobe Street Melbourne 3000 VIC
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to administer and manage information and communications technology (ICT) support in small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) using a wide range of general ICT technologies.
Graduates from this program will be able to provide a broader rather than specialised ICT support function, applying a wide range of higher level technical skills in ICT areas such as:
- IT support,
- Database development,
- Web development,
Pathway to Canberra University: Students who successfully complete the Diploma of Information Technology with GBCA are eligible for advanced standing of up to one (1) year into the Bachelor of IT at the University of Canberra (Bruce Campus).
Pathway to Deakin University: Students who successfully complete the Diploma of Information Technology with GBCA are eligible for credit exemption of up to a maximum of 8 out of 24 credit points into the Bachelor of Information Technology (S326) at Deakin University.
- Over 18 years of age OR
- International students under the age of 18 is required to have guardianship and accommodation arrangements in place and provide all supporting evidence to GBCA for approval. Upon approving the arrangements, GBCA will issue a CoE and the Confirmation of Approved Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) Letter to the student. The letter is to be presented to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) when the student applies for a student visa.
- Satisfactory completion of Australian Year 11 or equivalent or higher OR
- Completion of an Australian training program (Certificate IV or above)
- Minimum of IELTS 5.5 (no band less than 5) or equivalent, or
- Achieved a Satisfactorily Pass in the Australian Year 12 English subject, or
- Have been successfully completing at least 1 semester of a Bachelor course (or above) at an Australian University or Higher Education provider, or
- Satisfactory outcome for Internal English placement, or
- Successfully complete the GBCA English course/s to meet the English requirements of the intended course.
|Unit Code||Unit Name|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace|
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|ICTICT509||Gather data to identify business requirements|
|ICTICT511||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the enterprise|
|ICTNWK505||Design, build and test a network server|
|ICTNWK507||Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers|
|ICTNWK508||Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise switches|
|ICTICT501||Research and review hardware technology options for organisations|
|ICTICT507||Select new technology models for business|
|ICTSAD506||Produce a feasibility report|
|ICTSAS505||Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans|
|ICTSAS506||Update ICT system operational procedures|
|ICTWEB411||Produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages|
|ICTWEB429||Create a mark-up language document to specification|
|ICTWEB502||Create dynamic web pages|
|ICTWEB508||Develop website information architecture|
|ICTWEB510||Analyse information and assign meta tags|
|ICTDBS502||Design a database|
|ICTDBS504||Integrate database with a website|
|ICTICT508||Evaluate vendor products and equipment|
A variety of assessment methods will be used throughout the course, including: Project, Observation of students performing practical tasks, Portfolio of Work, Written report, Analysis of case study/Response to simulated work scenario or Written questioning.