Diploma of Interpreting
This program is endorsed by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). Students who successfully graduate from this qualification will be eligible to sit certification test for the: NAATI Certified Translator.
This course is designed for students who are planning to work as a paraprofessional interpreter (Mandarin – English) typically in the community and business domains.
During the program, our experienced and NAATI qualified trainers will step by step guide you through various interpreting exercises and help you to develop:
- Notes taking skills for interpreting purposes
- Short term memory retention skills
- Make sense of the briefing and quickly set up your mindset in the dialogue context
- Pick up idioms/collocations and relay in the other language correctly in a blink of an eye.
- Build a comprehensive knowledge of Australian community services, and collocations/glossary in both English and Mandarin.
- And many more skills…
Our mock exam simulates the final exam conditions, level of difficulty and marking procedures. Our trainers provide personalised feedback to help you identify your own strength as well as areas for further development.