Diploma of Interpreting
Become Eligible To Sit The Test For The NAATI Provisional Certified Interpreter
Learn and develop your language skills that are needed to become a professional interpreter in Australia through practical learning and training
Study A NAATI Enorsed Program
This program is endorsed by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI). Students who successfully graduate from this qualification will be eligible to sit the certification test for the: NAATI Certified interpreter.
What Our Students Say About our
(Mandarin-English) - Student
Course Code: PSP50916 | CRICOS Code: 091761E
What can I do with a Diploma of Interpreting (Mandarin-English)?
This course is designed for students who are planning to work as a paraprofessional interpreter (Mandarin – English) typically in the community and business domains.
During the program, our experienced and NAATI qualified trainers will step by step guide you through various interpreting exercises and help you to develop:
- Notes taking skills for interpreting purposes
- Short term memory retention skills
- Make sense of the briefing and quickly set up your mindset in the dialogue context
- Pick up idioms/collocations and relay in the other language correctly in a blink of an eye.
- Build a comprehensive knowledge of Australian community services, and collocations/glossary in both English and Mandarin.
- And many more skills…
Our mock exam simulates the final exam conditions, level of difficulty and marking procedures. Our trainers provide personalised feedback to help you identify your own strength as well as areas for further development.
Applicants must satisfy all requirements as below:
To gain entry into this course, the applicant should successfully meet any one of the following academic requirements:
- Satisfactorily completed Australian year 12 or equivalent level of study or
- Year 11 school-leavers who can provide evidence of work experience of at least one year in the Child Care industry with relevant skills and knowledge; or
- Completed part/all of the Certificate III in Children’s Services (or similar courses), or
- Victorian Certificate of Education or equivalent certificate.
Language requirements for international students:
- Minimum of IELTS 6.0 (academic) or equivalent, or
- Successfully complete the GBCA ELICOS program: English for Academic Purposes 2 (EAP2)
How long does it take to do a Diploma of Interpreting
This course has a standard duration of 52 weeks.
What languages are in high demand for translators 2021?
- Spanish. Most people will be able to guess correctly that Spanish is the language in the highest demand for translators. …
- Mandarin. Mandarin is another language in very high demand, especially in the international business sector. …
- Any Language
A variety of assessment methods will be used throughout the course, including: Observation of students performing a practical interpreting task/s, Role play, Written response.
Can I Study Diploma of Interpreting (Mandarin-English) Online?
Yes You Can!
GBCA is currently offering students the option to study Diploma of Interpreting (Mandarin-English) Online or on-campus during the pandemic.
Is this Course Government Funded?
This course is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding under the Skills First Program. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply for training subsidised through the Skills First Program.
For more information about our government-funded courses, please visit The Skills Funding Page
Delivery Mode: Face to face training
Location #1: GBCA (Latrobe St Campus) 337-339 La Trobe Street Melbourne 3000 VIC
Location #2: GBCA (Queens St Campus) 338 Queens street, Melbourne 3000 VIC