This course is part of the Financial Services Training Package and satisfies the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) guidelines. This qualification reflects the job roles of contract bookkeepers and employees performing bookkeeping tasks for organisations in a range of industries.
This may include:
• Establishing and maintaining accounting systems
• Assisting with Business Activity Statements (BAS)
• Assisting with office taxes and payrolls
• Developing management systems for organisations
Under certain conditions, successful students may meet requirements for registration with the Tax Practitioners Board.
This qualification is suitable for candidates currently working in bookkeeping roles who are seeking a formal qualification to enhance and confirm their existing knowledge and skills.
Course duration: Delivery will occur over a 20 week period with 20 hours scheduled classes per week. To allow for school holidays and breaks this will occur over a period of 22 weeks.
• Student contact hours = 20 hrs per week x 20 weeks = 400 hours
• Self-study average of 20 hours per weeks by 20 weeks = 400 hours
• Study break = 2 weeks
Schedule: This will be achieved by scheduling classes for 3 days per week over 20 weeks, (2 days for 8 hours each, 1 day for 4 hours). Time outside the scheduled classroom delivery time may be used for self-study and extra tuition, if required.
The other days of the week may be used for private study time and extra tuition, if required.
Examples are indicated below:
• Term 1 : 10 Weeks
Study Break: 2 Weeks
• Term 2 : 10 Weeks
Total of 22 weeks
This course may be delivered in a different schedule but will always maintain 400 hours of student contact and 400 hours of self-study.
If students enrol in one course, it will be 22 weeks and if students enrol for two course, it will be 44 weeks.
• All students must be 18 years of age or older
• Minimum of IELTS 5.5 (for International students only)
• All students are required to complete Pre-training review at the application stage
• All students are required to meet the requirements of previous accounting qualification (Cert I or II or III in Financial Services or equivalent); or minimum of Year 12 or equivalent Academic Statement (certified) with a pass grade in accounting unit; or minimum of 6 months industry working experience with accounting duties in a registered company
• All students are required to complete the LLN Test prior to course commencement (on the orientation day)
• Students will need to be able to attend classes at the campus and for home study and assignments should have access to a computer and the internet. Students will be made aware of the specific skills that underpin the outcomes and performance requirements of the course units to ensure students are capable of demonstrating ability prior to entering the course.
• This course has been designed to be delivered through classroom based delivery and students must have the ability to attend the scheduled sessions as per the timetable. Students are to be informed of the timetable on enrolment and must maintain the required student contact hours.
Qualifications and Recognition
On successful completion of this course, you will be awarded by GBCA with the nationally recognised FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping.
Potential career opportunities
• BAS agent
• Accounts payable/receivable
• Payroll officer
• Stock control officer
• Accounts supervisor
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who utilise, well-developed skills and knowledge in a variety of business environments, and possess the ability to prepare financial statements, operate computerised accounting systems etc. This course also includes competencies stipulated by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) for registered BAS agents, other conditions apply including a designated period of experience. Persons seeking BAS agent registration should check current registration requirements with the TPB as this is regularly reviewed.
• Course fee: $5,500
• An initial payment of $1,000.00 is required at the enrolment and further payments over 5 months is $900.00 per month. A specific schedule of payments will be arranged at enrolment.
• Material fee: $200
• Enrolment fee: $250 (non-refundable, at least 5 days prior to intake)
GBCA will not collect more than $1500 before the commencement of the course.
There will be a cooling period of 5 working days.